- August 25, 2021
- Posted by: Mainframe Consulting
- Category: Business
A passenger’s Samsung Galaxy A21 mobile phone caught fire inside the cabin of a plane which was fortunately not in the air.
A flight from New Orleans to Seattle with 129 passengers and six crew were safely evacuated back to the terminal.
The fire was extinguished and the mobile phone was “burned beyond recognition.” A spokesperson for Alaska Airlines, Ray Lane to PA the phone “overheated and began sparking” after the plane had landed.
Passengers compared the Samsung phone to a “smoke machine” and thanked Alaska Airlines on Twitter for safely evacuating them.
Published at Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:21:18 +0000