- August 27, 2021
- Posted by: Mainframe Consulting
- Category: Business Wire
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Effective Recruitment and Selection (2-day Course)” training has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This course gives you all the knowledge, confidence and skills to effectively recruit and select the best candidates for your vacancy. It gives you up-to-date legislation affecting the recruitment process and gives you an understanding of how employment law, equality and diversity apply to each part of finding the right candidate.
In 2 days you gain a logical understanding of the step by step process from pre-recruitment right up to induction methods and retainment of staff
Two-day course outline
- An understanding of legislation that affects the recruitment process
- How to write a job description and job specification
- What to write in a job advert and which ones gain the most success
- Do’s and don’t in terms of advertising jobs
- Develop excellent interview methods and understand the value of criteria-based interviewing.
- Gain confidence in communication skills to make all your candidates feel at ease and give the best of themselves.
- Understand the importance of good documentation.
- Practice interview skills within a supportive environment.
- After hiring, understanding the induction process and what needs to be covered.
- How to retain staff with the help of a great induction process and development plan.
Who will benefit from this course?
All managers and staff who are involved in the vital role of recruitment and selection.
- Enhanced understanding of employment legislation that affects recruitment
- Increased awareness of what should and should not be included in a job description and job advert
- An ability to ask fair questions based on solid criteria that shows the candidate can do the job required
- Confidence in conducting a supportive interview that identifies the skills required to do the job.
- Enhanced skills to write an effective and supportive induction programme.
- Great understanding of each part of the recruitment process and the ability to perform it confidently and successfully.
Key Topics Covered:
09:30 – 10:00 Coffee & Course objectives.
The Recruitment Process step by step.
10:00 – 11:00 How employment legislation impacts on every part of the recruitment process and the impacts of getting it wrong.
11:00 – 12:30 Job descriptions and job specifications. Deciding on criteria.
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 – 14:30 Job adverts. Defining the right candidate for the job and ensuring no discriminatory language is used. Do’s and don’ts.
14:30 – 15:30 Short-listing candidates, scoring applicants and avoiding bias.
15:30 – 16:30 The importance of interview preparation. Choose the right questions and delivery.
09:30 – 10:00 Summary of Day 1 learning
10:00 – 11:00 How to be a great communicator during the interview. Listening and questioning skills.
11:00 – 12:30 Let’s practice through relevant role play
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 – 14:30 You’ve hired the best, now let’s keep them. Induction process
14:30 – 15:30 Writing a developmental induction.
15:30 – 16:30 Retention of staff. Effective methods. What will you do differently?
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/639gzc
Published at Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:35:00 +0000